I wanted to write to you today to share potato cakes recipe and my photos. I had this potato cakes recipe from my mum. When I was preparing them they formed well. They were nicely soft when cooked. My potato cakes were really delicious even by themselves. We enjoyed yummy dinner but what more I had so much fun shooting them! I loved it!
As much as I love it, it took me longer than I was expecting to write this blog post! I was extremely busy in the last few weeks. Trying to work between a few different projects, cooking, styling, taking photos, learning some new photography techniques, looking after my family and even hosting a New Year parties! I must tell you – it was not easy.
LET’S concentrate on food!
I made potato cakes with just a few ingredients, as I wanted to make a simple and tasty great dish. Making them was also a perfect way to use up left-over mashed potatoes. When they were ready I served them with some salad and fried mushrooms. I have to say, My mum would be proud of my potato cakes!
However they were really yummy, the next time I will serve them with some mushroom sauce. They will be even yummier!
- 3 cups of cooked (mashed) potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (plus for frying)
- 1 cup of cheese (I used Leicester)
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- Fry onion, cool it down and then grate the cheese.
- Mix together mashed potatoes, fried onion, grated cheese, 1 egg, salt, pepper, nutmeg, coriander and 1 tbsp of olive oil together in a bowl until well combined.
- Next beat the remaining egg in a bowl (with fork).
- Spill the bread crumble on the large chopping board and place your mixture there.
- Shape the mixture into round cakes adding some bread crumble. Dip each cake into the beaten egg and then into bread crumble again coating on both sides.
- Place your cakes aside.
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and then gently fry the potato cakes for about 3-5 minutes on each side until light brown and heated through.
- Finally, drain the potato cakes on kitchen paper (if needed) and keep them warm in a low oven while you cook the rest.
Enjoy the potato cakes and my photos.
Please visit my Instagram page.